DEPARTMENT OF EARLY CHILDHOOD'S FOCUS ON EARLY LEARNING
Last Updated: February 16, 2018
WHAT WE COLLECT
Information You Provide Us
We collect information directly from you when you provide it to us, such as when you:
- Register for a service or event on our Sites;
- Register to receive our newsletters or other updates;
- Submit a contact request;
- Fill out a form;
- Respond to surveys available on the Sites or through email communications;
- Post material or requests; and
- Correspond with us.
The types of information we may directly collect include your name, email address, zip code, phone number, and other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Sites
As you navigate through and interact with our Sites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about you, your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including details of your visits to our Sites, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Sites; and
The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is an electronic identifier that is transferred automatically to your computer through your browser that allows our computers to save certain information about you and recognize you when you visit our Sites in the future so we can remember preferences, track usage, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and improve the Sites and your experience. You may at any time disable or refuse to accept browser cookies by changing the preferences or settings on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Sites.
- Flash Cookies. Flash cookies (also called locally shared objects) may also be used to remember preferences or settings and to track usage. However, Flash cookies are stored differently on your hard drive and are managed through a different interface than the one provided by your web browser. If you wish to disable or delete Flash cookies from your system, you should consult the Help file for your Flash application, and/or visit http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html for detailed instructions on how to do this. However, if you turn Flash cookies off, you may not have access to some features and services of the Sites.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Sites and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that are used, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content, and verifying system and server integrity).
USE OF INFORMATION
We use your information as follows:
- To operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services;
- To transmit email to you to respond to your comments, questions, or use or access of our products or services;
- To link or combine user information with other personal information;
- To provide and deliver the information, products, and services you request;
- To provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Sites; and
- To carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation, or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Focus on Early Learning or others;
- To investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, fraud, or potential threats, or exercise legal rights or defend against claims;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
Focus on Early Learning takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
You may opt out of receiving our newsletter or other promotional emails from Focus on Early Learning by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your use of the Sites.
Boston Public Schools' Department of Early Childhood
3200 Washington Street, Third Floor
Roxbury, MA 02119